What is Tezos (XTZ) coin?
What is Tezos
It is a blockchain network launched in 2018. This decentralized, open-source project allows users to deploy smart contracts on its platform and perform peer-to-peer transactions. The founders of this concept were Arthur and Kathleen Breitman. Unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum blockchains, Tezos manages without mining and does not need to fork. The protocol of the network amends itself after the community votes in support of its upgrade proposals. A liquid proof-of-stake paradigm allows the Tezos network to reach consensus. Its token is labelled at exchanges as XTZ. While it might be too late to get to know the XTZ ICO price, you might be curious to learn that this coin managed to raise $232 mln from the onset. In Autumn 2020, its market capitalization reached $1.6 bln, and its circulating supply amounted to 749,031,139 XTZ. The value of the token is backed up by the functional, stable and forward-thinking Tezos blockchain. The Tezos network counts over 400 block validating nodes that are colloquially called “bakers”. To receive passive income from XTZ crypto, you can delegate your stake to these “bakers”. Currently, the network is not used at its full capacity. It can process many more transactions — first and foremost, executing smart contracts. Most transactions maintain their consensus.
6 reasons to acquire Tezos at P2PB2B
Final words about XTZ
Hopefully, this information came in handy and now you have a clearer vision of the Tezos crypto. As you see, it remarkably differentiates itself from the Bitcoin blockchain and other similar projects. Even if you are not a trader, staking and delegating XTZ might turn into a great source of passive income for you. The Tezos blockchain has already proved to be credible and sustainable. Mind that it is not yet tasked with as many substantial operations as it can handle. When it starts functioning closer to its full capacity, Tezos price might considerably grow.
Where to buy XTZ (Tezos)
You can purchase Tezos XTZ cryptocurrency at decentralized or centralized exchanges. The former might offer slightly more lucrative Tezos prices but they sadly lack security guarantees. Some of them do not even offer customers' support.
The latter might have more complicated interfaces and would normally require newbies to pass the KYC procedure — that is, to verify their personality by sending their passport or ID scans to the administration. But you can be sure of your stake's safety. If a bug arises, feel free to report it to the friendly and competent customers' support and they will promptly fix it.
How to purchase Tezos at P2B
To acquire the token of Tezos blockchain on this platform, you should stick to the subsequent algorithm:
- Push the green Register button in the top right corner of the main page.
- Fill in the form as required, by introducing your email and password. Also, you will be asked to indicate whether you are a US citizen or not.
- Pass the KYC procedure. Send the administration a set of three documents. First, the photo of your passport's bio-data page, or the front and back of your driver's license, or the front and back of your ID. Second, make a selfie with this very document. Third, write the current date and the word "P2B" on a sheet of paper and take a selfie with it as well.
- After your account is verified, push the green Deposit button in the right top corner. Find Tezos either manually or through the search bar.
- In the Action column, click Deposit.
- If you want to buy Tezos with cryptocurrency, copy the address of the wallet and send funds there. If you prefer using your bank card, select the corresponding option.
You might be interested in the meaning of the “Referral ID (optional)” field in the register form. This would be relevant only in case you were invited to the site by some other user. If you were not, just leave this field empty.